Full text of "James Holmes records"

From: Tranel, Daniel

Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2011 5:26 PM

To: Nopoulos, Peggy

Subject: RE: recruits

Peg, please see below; please share this with the Committee. Thanks! You did a great job rounding up
this crop, and we have an even better crew coming in a month. Well done and many thanks! Dan

Peg and members of the Admissions Committee:

Here is my take on the 7 applicants from this past weekend:

^J: stellar, I will nominate for Presidential. Our p- value for matriculating him is

extremely low; he is headed elsewhere.

|: Solid, should offer admission.

|: Solid, should offer admission. I doubt we will matriculate her.

|: Solid, should offer admission.

James Holmes: Do NOT offer admission under any circumstances.

J: Probably fine; smart and well spoken. I have mixed feelings about
him. Cognitive. Not sure.

Solid, not spectacular. He is bound and determined to work with mc, and I

don't really want any more students. So I'm not sure. Maybe he can be convinced to work with
someone else. P value for coming here if admitted is very high — I doubt he will go anywhere
else.

Thanks. Dan

Notice: This UI Health Care e-mail (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you arc not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention,
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply
to the sender that you have received the message in error, then delete it. Thank you.